Friday, November 22, 2013

November 22nd 2013: Dinner with Friends at Bon Chon, Boston

Today after work, my friends called me to go have dinner with them at Bonchon Chicken in the Allston area of Boston.

I have been here several times before, so I recommended the Okonomiyaki (Japanese-style pancake with squid, shrimp, and bacon topped with bonito flakes, Japanese mayo and okonomiyaki sauce), 

and of course we had the Soy Garlic Fried Chicken and the Hot Sauce Fried Chicken. New dishes we got were the Agedashi Tofu (Lightly battered and fried soft tofu in a hearty broth, topped with bonito flakes, scallion and spicy grated daikon radish),

the Pork Belly Shioyaki (Broiled slices of garlic-marinated pork belly)

and the Okdol Bibimbap (spicy pork with rice, egg and vegetables in a sizzling stone bowl, served with red pepper paste on the side),

along with a bottle of Lychee Soju.
As always, the food was all really good. The soup for the tofu was pretty flavorful, while the Pork Belly was delicious, although the portion was a little small. The Bibimbap was extremely spicy as well. I'm just glad I did not get drunk after so many shots of soju before we finally finished the seemingly small bottle of it.

After dinner, we decided to head nearby to Infusions Tea Spa, located at 110 Brighton Avenue, for some bubble tea. I was so full from dinner that I decided to just sample from my friends' Hot Vanilla Black Milk Tea, which had Popping Boba in it,

and the Hot Grass Jelly Drink.
Both drinks were pretty good, although I'm used to grass jelly being sweeter, from my childhood days. The Popping Boba did not go well with the milk tea in my opinion, as the filling tasted more like mango.

Not a bad day for eating out with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment