Wednesday, November 20, 2013

November 20th 2013: Dinner at The Ship Restaurant, Lynnfield

Today after work, I decided to head all the way to the town of Lynnfield to have dinner at The Ship Restaurant. I was regretting my decision on my way there, having to go through a lot of traffic, and it took me more than 2 hours to get to my destination. When I got there, however, I could only be amazed at the place, as it is located beside the Christmas Tree Shops here,

 and the place itself is literally in the shape of a ship.

The decor inside is also much like a ship,
and with all of this, I was already expecting a good meal to come out of all of this. I was not to be disappointed. For appetizers, I decided to get the Swedish Meatballs (new potatoes, pickled cucumber, lingonberry jam).

Each of the component ingredient came separately, and each were tasty in itself, but when put together, it was a marvelous smorgasbord of flavors. Best meatballs I have ever had.

Next was my main dish, the Caribbean (grilled jerked chicken, pink peppercorn rum sauce, pineapple, coconut rice).

The chicken was actually pretty flavorful, although it got a little dry after a while, and the vegetables and rice were really tasty as well. Still not disappointed.

I had already spent what the groupon required, but I was so pleased with my meal that I had to try the dessert as well, even though I was already very full. I decided to go with the Cheesecake Trio (mango, key lime, vanilla bean, with chantilly cream).

Once again, really good, although I could barely finish everything.

Definitely a place I would bring friends to in the future. A pity it is so far away though.

No comments:

Post a Comment