Wednesday, November 13, 2013

November 13th 2013: Dinners at City Limits Saloon, Randolph and Buccini's Mister Sub, Quincy

Tonight after work, I decided I needed to use some of my Groupons, so I started off with dinner at City Limits Saloon, a pretty large bar restaurant in Randolph complete with pool tables and a performance stage.

The place was really empty though, which made me question the food I was about to get. I decided to get the Pork Belly Mac and Cheese (baked with pork belly confit and topped with breadcrumbs), 

the Angry Calamari (fried calamari in a tangy tabasco butter sauce with cherry pepper slaw)

and the Steak Quesadillas (served with sour cream and pico de gallo).

The pork belly was just three slices on top of regular Mac and Cheese, although it did go well with the sauce from the calamari, which I ended up mixing with the mac and cheese. The quesadillas did not taste like much either. Overall, definitely not a place to come back to.

As the night was still young, I decided to use one more groupon at Buccini's Mister Sub in Quincy. This place is more a pizza takeout place, and I did get the Chicken Ranch Pizza (mozzarella, oven roasted chicken, mushrooms bacon on ranch dressing)

and the Steak Cheese and Bacon Hot Sub, both of which were just so-so.


Overall, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to drive all the way out here for subpar food. At least it filled me though, with lots of leftovers for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment