Friday, February 7, 2014

February 7th 2014: Japanese Buffet at Takusan Sushi, Brookline

Today after work, my friends invited me to a Japanese buffet dinner at Takusan Sushi in the town of Brookline. I was here in the past, but did not get a chance to try the buffet  so today was a perfect opportunity to do so.

After my friends had placed their orders for sashimi and dumplings, it was time to sample the raw bar, which had oysters,

large clams and crayfish, along with assorted salads on ice.
I have never had crayfish before, so I was excited for my first taste of mini lobsters.
However, their smallness made them tough to crack, with not much meat to show for it, although it was still tasty and I made a mess of myself too. The ordered stuff came on big plates, and weren't too bad, though not the best.
Sashimi Spread
Gyoza
Spicy Bonchon Wings
Shumai
Hamachi Kama


We ended our meal with ice cream, all part of the buffet as well.

I still prefer Maki Maki though. After dinner,  a few of us decided to have a karaoke session at Doremi Karaoke in Boston, had a ball singing for the rest of the night. By the time I got home, it was already tomorrow, with more to come that day. On to the next post then!

No comments:

Post a Comment