Tuesday, February 11, 2014

February 11th 2014: 2 Dinners at Pubs in Hudson

Today, I had a meetup event for dinner at the Horseshoe Pub in the town of Hudson. When I arrived in town, I realized I was way too early, so I decided to check out another pub right next door, namely Finnegan's Pub at 25 South Street.

This place is small and definitely less popular, being more of a billiards place than a restaurant, although it had only 2 pool tables. As I had more food to come, I decided to just get the Sweet and Spicy Vermont Finnegan's Wings, which were just alright I guess.

The Horseshoe Pub is a much larger place, and our table was on the second floor. When everyone finally arrived, it was time to order, and the only thing on the menu that seemed remotely interesting to me was the Zesty Shrimp Scampi (Large Gulf shrimp sauteed and tossed with garlic oil, sun dried tomatoes, hot banana pepper rings and spinach served over angel hair pasta), which I got of course.

It wasn't too bad, and the friendly company did help a bit. Apparently there was trivia tonight, so a few of us at the table decided to join in after dinner, but as it was already pretty late, I decided to call it a day instead, bidding everyone adieu and heading home for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment