Tuesday, February 4, 2014

February 4th 2014: Lunch in Worcester, Dinner in Westborough

Today, I headed out for lunch, checking out Annie's Clark Brunch on Main Street in Worcester. This place is pretty much a simple diner located on the Clark University campus.

The Pilgrim's Pie (layer of mashed potatoes, layer of corn and layer of ground turkey burger) I got wasn't much to look at, and wasn't that great either.

At least I paid less than 5 bucks for it, and it was very filling.

After work, I decided to go to Westborough for dinner before the impending snow storm arrived late tonight, heading to Mirchi for some Indian food. This place has taken the place of Khatta Mitha and Ming III in the town of Westborough, both of which I had visited in the past.  This place, which has a few branches across the States, actually has much of the same decor, recycled from its predecessors.

For food, I decided to try the Punugulu (spongy dumplings made from rice and lentils) for appetizers,

and the Gongura Mamsam (Goat cooked in traditional Indian curry sauce with ethnic leafy vegetable) for my main dish.
One thing about this restaurant is that everything had a significant amount of spice to it, even the starters and the sauces accompanying the appetizer. I guess I should have known, from the 2 chilis in the restaurant name. Otherwise, both dishes were actually pretty good, although the gongura leaves in the curry were a little annoying, as were the goat bones. Overall, not a bad experience at all.

Now to stay at home and out of the way of the snow storm that's coming my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment