Sunday, February 23, 2014

February 23rd 2014: Playing Arcade Games at Dave and Buster's, Braintree

I woke up a little late today after less than 3 hours of sleep the past 2 days, and decided to start my day in the town of Brockton, visiting a few places in town, especially in the seedy part of town.
Chapel of Our Savior
Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church
Old French Seventh Day Adventist Church, 
28 Warren Avenue
Brockton Church of God
Mount Moriah Baptist Church,
24 Pleasant Street
Central Fire Station
Keys of the Kingdom Tabernacle of Prayer,
33 North Main Street

I also visited the Fuller Craft Museum in town, which was a moderately sized museum with interesting sculptures, some of which were mobile as well, quite like those at the MIT Museum in Cambridge. Pictures I took here follow.
I also visited a small part of the DW Field Park, seeing the Upper Porter Pond
and the Lower Porter Pond.
Finally, it was time for my lunch meetup event at  Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse, a Japanese hotpot place located at the South Shore Plaza in the town of Braintree.

We waited a while for people to come, but apparently a lot of them dropped out at the last moment, and only half of us showed up, making things with the restaurant a little uncomfortable for a while.

We still got started after a while anyway, with me sharing half a pot with a friend,

getting the Beef and Lamb Meat Combo,

and my friend getting the Seafood Platter (Fish Cakes, Scallops, Salmon, Squid).

You can't really go wrong with hotpot, I guess.
After lunch, I decided to head to Dave and Buster's, a famous arcade with chains all over the country, located pretty much right next door to the restaurant, along with a new friend from the event who happened to be going there to see her friends too.

I haven't been in an arcade for a while, and to be honest, I wasn't really interested in playing any of the games there, but as I had a $50 gift card to use here, I decided to put more than half of it into tokens to play the games.

I played several games with my friend, including basketball and Pac Man, but we had the most fun playing the coin machines, where we use tokens to try to push out more tokens into the exit to get tickets. We found our favorite one, which kept giving us tickets for random reasons we could not fathom at times, and made of ton of tickets doing that. However, you need a lot of tickets in order to buy anything at the store, and in the end, when my friend had to leave, I decided to give her all the tickets I got as well as the remaining money on my card.

I stayed after to use the rest of the money on the card on food, getting the Bistro Steak and Shrimp with Lobster Alfredo (5 oz sirloin steak on a bed of linguine, topped with shrimp, mushrooms, roasted tomatoes and lobster alfredo sauce)

and the Triple Layer Chocolate Cake (Alternating layers of creamy, rich frosting and moist, decadent cake, a drizzling of liquid fudge and a dusting of fine cocoa).
As can be expected from a place whose main focus is not on food, the pasta was just alright, although the dessert was pretty good. 

By this time, the sun was about to set, so I decided to finish off my day by using my groupon at Easy Pie, a pizza takeout place in town, getting the large Mayflower Pizza (marinated turkey tips, gravy, stuffing, sweet corn, with a cranberry sauce drizzle)

and the Lord of the Rings Pizza (shaved steak, steak cut onion rings, mozzarella cheese, pickles, finished with a bbq drizzle) to go for my lunch tomorrow.
Really interesting pizzas to say the least, although I still think Crazy Dough's is better.

With that, I called it a day and headed home. It's been a good weekend. Back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment