Wednesday, August 1, 2018

August 1st 2018: Venturing into Windham NH

I started out this morning in Salem NH,
Ararat Armenian Congregational Church
Canobie Lake
heading into Windham NH for the first time,
St. Matthew Church
Searles School and Chapel
Warde Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
Griffin Park

visiting the Searles Castle,
then going on a hike at the Bayberry Conservation Area/McIlvaine Town Forest, where the path I took is shown below in pink.
The trail that gave me okay views of the beaver pond here was actually closed and on private property,
but the actual trail led me far away and yielded nothing.

My next hike was at Deer Leap, where the path I took here is shown below in pink.
The views at the ledge were pretty good I have to say,
and I passed by Rock Pond at the canoe launch area on the way back to my car along the road.
With that, I called it a day for hiking, heading to Acton MA to visit the Acton Historical Society, where only the Jenks Library was open.
Not much of a museum really.

After work, I decided to grab a sandwich from Hot Table Panini, a new sandwich place in Marlborough,
where I got the Swiss Steak Mushroom Melt (shaved steak, steak sauce, swiss cheese, roasted mushrooms, crispy onions).
Pretty tasty, and interesting how the bun started out more spherical, and got pressed into a disc to make the final sandwich. Understandable that they have a few branches in Massachusetts.

No comments:

Post a Comment