Friday, August 3, 2018

August 3rd 2018: Stops in Pelham, Hudson and Nashua NH Before Work

I started out this morning with a hike at the Jeremy Hill Natural Area in Pelham NH, where the path I took is shown below in pink.
The water body here was nothing to look at,
and it was really overgrown here as well. Hope I did not get a tick here.

There was no lookout tower at the top of the hill as well, only stumps.
The good views only came because I went off trail to avoid the overgrown path, venturing onto private property

 and having to walk back to my car along Jeremy Hill Road.
Not coming back again though.

Next, it was on to Hudson NH
Senior Center
Old Hudson Center Cemetery,
Kimball Hill Road and Central Street
to check out Benson Park, which is quite a beautiful place, although it was a pity that the gorillas and elephants were not around this time of day. The path I took here is shown below in pink,
while the pictures I took here follow.
With that, I called it a day, passing through Nashua NH
St. Stanislaus Catholic Church
on the way back to work.

For lunch, I headed to Joe's Drive-In Restaurant, a fast food place in Leicester, getting the Veggie Burger (Red and White Quinoa, Whole Grain Rice and Cannellini Beans, Fresh Julienne Sweet Potato and Carrots and Blended with Roasted Fresh Portobello Mushrooms, Roasted Garlic and Caramelized Onions On Toasted Specialty Bun) to go.
Not bad, all the components of the patty coming together really well, but too expensive for 8 bucks and not filling at all.

As a result, I decided to try another restaurant in Worcester, Caribbean Flaavor,
getting the Curried Chicken.
I did not like the flavor of the curry at all. A waste of my 10 bucks, really.

After work, I stopped by Macey's Cafe in Shrewsbury, which has taken over from Blue Coast Coffee, which I visited some time ago. I got the Caramel  Peanut Cluster (vanilla ice cream with swirls of caramel, chocolate chips and peanuts) ice cream, which was a pretty good solution to a pretty hot day as I made my way back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment