Saturday, November 16, 2013

November 16th 2013: Dinner at Venetian Moon, Reading

Today, after a day of doing food truck stuff at the Egleston Farmer's  Market in Jamaica Plain,  I decided to do a little sightseeing in the town of Lynnfield.
Lynnfield Community Church
Our Lady of the Assumption Parish

Century 21
Calvary Christian Church
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
before heading to the town of Reading for an Italian dinner at Venetian Moon. This place is pretty upscale, with a lounge area downstairs.

For appetizers, I decided to get the Venetian Carozza (slices of fresh mozzarella, artichoke hearts, fresh basil leaves and sliced Roma tomatoes wrapped in thinly sliced prosciutto di Parma, served over baby greens drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and fig balsamic vinegar), which was a pretty fancy salad. Not too bad though.

For my main dish, I got the Crema di Mela (Green Apples Flambeed in apple vodka before adding light alfredo sauce and a touch of grated parmesan, served over ricotta raviolis).

The apples basically made up the essence of the dish, although the raviolis were really filling and I could barely finish it.

I still had dessert to go, so I decided to get the Salted Caramel Crunch Cake (Light, but buttery, vanilla-flecked pudding cake holds waves of rich caramel cake with a salted caramel crunch layer, and a creamy custard finished layer of caramel).

I have to say, I enjoyed my dessert, although after a while, it became just a little too sweet with all that caramel.

Overall, a pretty decent meal. Another good restaurant in the town of Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment