Tuesday, February 25, 2014

February 25th 2014: Dinner at Thai Jasmine, Leominster

Today after work, I had some time before the sun set, so I decided to visit a few water bodies in Sterling, starting with the West Waushacum Pond on 31 Gates Road.

I took more pictures of the pond from the Mass Central Rail Trail that I embarked on from ~83 Gates Road,
as well as of the Quag on the other side of the trail.
After heading back to my car, there was time for one more water body in town, Hy-Crest Pond at ~350 Upper North Row Road,
before I headed into Leominster,
Lake Samoset,
Lincoln Drive and Argentine Street
for dinner at Thai Jasmine, a small Thai restaurant at 446 Lancaster Street in town.

The menu was pretty uninteresting, so I decided to go with Shrimp Silver Soup (glass noodles with shrimp, mushrooms, spinach and scallions in a flavorful broth),

and the Beef Lad Na (Thai wide noodles prepared with broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, snow peas in thick sauce).
Unfortunately, both dishes tasted heavily of MSG, which really spoilt my dinner for me. Oh well. At least I had nice views of the ponds today.

No comments:

Post a Comment