Thursday, January 12, 2012

January 12th 2012: Dinner at Loving Hut Hamilton, Worcester

I decided to try some vegan cuisine after work tonight at Loving Hut. There are two such restaurants in Worcester, and I went to the one at 56 Chandler Street. There had been some heavy snow today, and I had some difficulty parking across the street from the restaurant, which was still covered in snow. I was a little worried that I would not be able to get my car out later. This place is actually quite small, but pretty decent, as shown below from my table.









I decided to order 3 dishes for dinner tonight. First was the dessert sampler, the Loving Hut Hamilton basket, containing a few of the fresh rolls, golden rolls, humble nuggets, melody drumsticks, happy teriyaki and lovely rangoons.
All the appetizers were delicious and I had to marvel at how good the soy "beef", "chicken" and "fish" tasted. I just wonder, although vegan food is healthier, don't they use flavoring and color chemicals to make the soy taste like meat?

Next, I tried the sweet and sour soup, which had pineapple, and I think it made the soup a little too sweet for my liking.
Finally, I decided to have the Chef's Curry Rice Noodles. This dish was pretty good, and it reminded me of the Singaporean fried noodles served at cantonese restaurants, which is not from Singapore at all.
By then, I was already pretty full, so I decided to bring the noodles home in a doggie bag. Thankfully, I was able to pull my car out from its parking spot, and made my way home without further issue.


No comments:

Post a Comment