Friday, January 6, 2012

January 6th 2012: Riding the Ferry to Martha's Vineyard

Tonight after work, I went on a trip to Martha's Vineyard. In order to bring my car over the island, I had to make a reservation with Steam Ship Authority, which cost $101. The harbor is located at 1 Cowdry Road in Woods Hole in the town of Falmouth. I arrived early, so I decided to read my book in my car at the staging area. When it was time to go, they put my car in the side of the ferry for compact cars.
Car Storage Area
I decided to get out and walk around for a bit, and saw that they had external platforms with benches, which would be beautiful for scenery in the day time. Perhaps, someday I will come in the day time for the scenery.
Outside the boat
Inside the ferry










Other than enjoying the light wind blowing in my face while the ship was moving, the 45 minute trip to Vineyard Haven, a community in Tisbury, was pretty uneventful, and the drive to my friend's house was pretty short. I'm looking forward to my sightseeing tomorrow in Tisbury.




No comments:

Post a Comment