Thursday, January 5, 2012

January 5th 2012: Dinner at Kashmir Restaurant, Boston

Tonight after work, I headed for a meetup dinner at Kashmir Restaurant in Boston. When I reached the area, I tried to find a parallel parking spot, only to realize that all of them require resident permits in the Back Bay area, after I had already squeezed my car into a spot. Finally, I decided to park at a parking lot nearby.

As a result, I was a little late, but people were just getting seated anyway. We started off with complimentary chickpea and cumin chips with dipping sauces. 

Dipping Sauces
I decided to order a pistachio shake, which was pretty interesting but good, with everyone else around me marvelling at it.

Pistachio Shake
For dinner, I decided to get the Lamb Saag, a kind of spinach curry with lamb, on the recommendation of my Indian friend beside me, and she was right; it was delicious.
Gosht Saag
I probably should have ordered a serving of naan, because there wasn't enough basmati rice to go around, but at least we had space for dessert. My friend ordered the Gajar Ka Halva, a type of carrot cake, while I got the Rasmalai, consisting of cheese patties soaked in a sauce made of milk, almond and nuts.
Unfortunately, we were both disappointed with the dessert, which were okay, but failed to impress. According to my friend, they were probably premade and frozen, hence the slightly stale taste.

Other than the dessert, the food was good, so I might come back here again in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment