Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 17th 2012: Dinner at Jo Jo Taipei, Boston

Tonight, I had to leave early from work to pick up my friend in Malden, who had just moved to the Boston area from New York City, to go to a meetup dinner at Jo Jo Taipei, a Taiwanese restaurant in Boston.

I brought my friend along because he was new in town and I wanted to share with him the fun times I had found by going for meetup events.

At the dinner itself, there were a few familiar faces, as well as a few new ones. There was even a woman who graduated from the same university as my friend and I, and even lived in the same apartment as we did. With a group of more than 10 people,  we ordered many dishes, some weird like duck tongue, pig ear and stinky tofu, but all delicious all the same, especially the oyster pancake, which strongly reminded me of the Singaporean version, which of course is so much better. Pictures of the food we had follow.
Soup Dumplings
Pancake with Scallion and Roast Beef


Pig Ear

Fried Pig Intestine
















Fried Calamari
Oyster Pancake



3 Cups Chicken
Fried Stinky Tofu
Sesame Bun










Dried Cooked Chicken with 3 Peppers
3 Cups Duck Tongue










After our filling dinner, we headed to Mixx Frozen Yogurt on 66 Brighton Avenue, which was really close by, for dessert. I decided to try a mix of lychee, peanut butter and cake batter yogurt with gummy bears and strawberry mochi, which was not bad to say the least, and we stayed for a bit to talk for while until we were done eating, and then we headed home our separate ways.

My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed the dinner , and he definitely wants to go for more such events in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment