Friday, October 11, 2013

October 11th 2013: Dinner at Shanti Taste of India, Boston

Today after work, I had to pick up my friend from NYC at South Station in Boston. She was late due to traffic, I took the opportunity to check out a few more pianos in town,
Boston Arts Academy
Fenway Victory Gardens
Titus Sparrow Park
then headed to Shanti -Taste of India, an Indian restaurant located in the Roslindale area. The decor was pretty decent,

and the food I got wasn't too bad either. The Coconut Soup (Rich, warm soup made with slightly sweetened coconut milk topped with pistachio) was too sweet for my liking though,
and the Cheese Poori wasn't too flavorful either.
Thankfully, The Shaami Kebab (deep fried ground lamb patties cooked in light spices) was pretty tasty, especially with the various sauces,

while the Lamb Patia (Exotic mango and ginger sauce dish tempered with fresh coriander and garlic. Served with basmati rice) was interestingly sweet but tantalizing all the same.

Overall, not too  bad a meal. After picking my friend up, we decided to head to Shojo in Chinatown for drinks and some quick food. I got a non-alcoholic Shojo Punch,

and for food we got the Suckling Pig Baos, the Warm Glass Noodle Salad (Toasted Peanuts, Chicken, Vegetables),

and the Almond Shrimp Balls (Vanilla Rhubarb Gel).
I have to say that the shrimp balls were just so-so, although the buns and the noodles were pretty good. With that, we headed home for the day, going to bed earlier to get ready for a day of fun tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment