Sunday, October 27, 2013

October 27th 2013: Dinners in Winchester and Lexington

The food truck had to cater a wedding at the Griffin Photography Museum in Winchester today, so while it was being set up, I decided to go find a place to buy some pizza for the rest of the guys, and had to settle for Lucia Ristorante nearby, which apparently is a branch of the upscale restaurant I went to in the North End of Boston a long time ago.

I decided to order takeout, getting the Ammazzafame (Penne, Porcini, Sausage, Broccoli, Sun Dried Tomatoes and capers),

which was the exact same, delicious pasta dish I got in Boston, and the Pizza del Buongustaio (White pizza with mozzarella, potatoes, pancetta, gorgonzola and fresh rosemary).
The pasta was excellent as always, while the pizza was just alright, perhaps because we had to serve customers for quite a while before we could even get a chance to eat.

I decided to leave the food for my friends though, and left early to grab a second dinner at the Vine Brook Tavern in the town of Lexington. Despite its name, the place is actually pretty upscale, complete with a constantly changing artisan menu. The dish that interested me the most was the Roasted Trout (Bacon Maple Apple Stuffing, cider beurre blanc, caramelized brussel sprouts), which I ordered naturally.

It was definitely not something I will regret for a long time. The presentation was excellent, the fish was crispy yet moist, and the stuffing was simply heavenly. Definitely several levels above Lucia.

No comments:

Post a Comment