Friday, October 18, 2013

October 18th 2013: Breakfast in Leicester, Dinner in Tewksbury

This morning, I decided to go get some breakfast from Uncle Jay's Twisted Fork in the town of Leicester. This place is actually pretty decent for a small town breakfast place, and they had some pretty unique dishes that I decided to get.

As I had a Yelp deal here, I was forced to order a lot of food. I started off with a large cup of Hot Chocolate,

followed by the Shrimp Scampi Omelette (sauteed shrimp in garlic, parsley, white wine and butter folded into an omelette with mozzarella)

and the Twisted Benedict (grilled English muffin topped with sliced grilled tomato, sliced portabella mushroom, sauteed spinach and poached to order eggs, topped with spicy chipotle hollandaise sauce).
The omelette was heavenly, with the shrimp going well with its seasonings, while the chipotle sauce made the Benedict pretty unique.

After a delicious but filling breakfast, I still had some time before work, so I visited the really small Tucker Pond on Stafford Road near Tucker Road in the town of Charlton.

After work, I needed to use a groupon at Luna Rossa, an Italian restaurant in the town of Tewksbury, so I decided to visit some places in the city of Lowell
St. George Greek Orthodox Church
Christ Jubilee International Ministries

The Swamp Locks,
Dutton Street near Broadway Street
before heading for dinner. The restaurant itself was pretty small and already crowded when I arrived, but thankfully I had thought of getting a reservation for a table, so I was soon shown to my seat, which was unfortunately right next to the waiting area, so for the rest of the night, I had to lower my gaze to avoid looking at the many who were staring at me while I leisurely finished my dinner of the Sausage and Rabe (homemade Italian sausage served over a bed of sauteed  broccoli rabe)

and the Baked Salmon (stuffed with crabmeat, vegetables and ricotta cheese in white wine sauce, served with roasted potatoes and sauteed spinach).
The broccoli rabe was a little bitter, while the sausage a little salty, but overall not too bad I guess. The same went for the salmon, which was a little dry.

Overall, I think Angelina's nearby is much better, especially in terms of food variety, although this place was crowded.

No comments:

Post a Comment