Friday, October 25, 2013

October 25th 2013: Being Zorro at the Monster Ball

Today after work, I had a Halloween party at the Foundation Room in the House of Blues, located in the Fenway area of Boston. Before that, I still had some time, so I decided to go pick up my marble and my fish that I made on Saturday at Fiamma Art Glass.  As expected, my marble looked more like an abstract piece of art,


while my fish had a really big mouth with puffy lips.

From here, I decided to go get a dozen mini cupcakes from Treat Cupcake Bar in Newton. This place looks like a fancy candy shop,


as did the mini-cupcakes,

which were already arranged before I even entered the store. From top left to right, top to bottom, the case contained the Lemon Drop (Gold Cake/Lemon Frosting/Sugar & Candy Lemon), Sprinkle Me Silly (White Cake with Sprinkles/Buttercream Frosting), Half Moon (Marble Cake/Cream Cheese Frosting/Ganache), Peanut Butter Overload (Chocolate Cake/ PB Cups/ PB Frosting/ Ganache), Cafe Mocha (Mocha Cake, coffee buttercream, dark chocolate), Pumpkin Pie (Pumpkin Cake/ Cinnamon Frosting),Triple Chocolate (Chocolate Cake/White Chocolate Filling/Chocolate Frosting), Needham Cream Pie (Gold Cake/Vanilla Filling/Chocolate Frosting), Red Velvet (Red Velvet Cake/Cream Cheese Frosting), Funky Chunky Oreo (Chocolate Cake with Oreos/Chunky Oreo Frosting/Ganache), Candy Apple (Apple Cake/ Cinnamon Frosting/ Caramel) and the Bugs Bunny (Carrot Cake/Cream Cheese Frosting/walnuts).

 After getting my cupcakes, I decided that since I was in the vicinity, I would try out the renown Shake Shack, a famous fast food chain that recently came into town. Joining the line that was already there, It was actually a pretty short wait before my turn came. I decided to get the Shack Stack (cheeseburger and 'Shroom Burger topped with lettuce, tomato and ShackSauce) and a Malted Caramel Shake.

 I did not get the fries unfortunately, and although I tried  to con the lady beside to give me a fry to try by asking her how they were, I failed miserably in doing so, and apparently they are really good. Oh well, at least my food was absolutely scrumptious,  and I can see why this place is so popular.

From here, I decide to go to my friend's place and pass her the cupcakes,  and decided to wait at Takusan Sushi, an all you can eat sushi restaurant located in Brookline, while she got ready. I got the Spicy Shrimp Soup

while I was waiting out by the bar area, which looks the same like it did when the place was still Budda C.
It is definitely much more popular now than it was before as well. Smart move on the part of the chef.

After my friends and I were dressed up and ready to go, we headed to Fenway, where we were able to skip the line to enter the function room, which was pretty huge and nicely decorated, Indian style.

We had fun the rest of the night, but as I had to get up early tomorrow, I decided to leave a little earlier, and crashed for the night when I finally got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment