Wednesday, October 9, 2013

October 9th 2013: More Piano Hunting with a Friend

Today after work, I headed to Brookline to have a Turkish dinner at the Brookline Family Restaurant in Brookline. After looking at the menu, I decided to go with the Fried Liver Cubes (Tender veal liver breaded and lightly fried, blended with seasoning and herbs)

and the Guvec (casserole of boneless lamb with vegetables like eggplant, green peppers, tomatoes, garlic, onions, fresh tomato sauce cooked in the oven).

Both dishes weren't too bad, Although I was too full to finish either dish. I also tried the Ayran, a Turkish yogurt drink that was too salty and sour for my liking,


and the Sekerpare, a traditional Turkish dessert that is very different from Baklava, and was really amazing.

From here, I took the train into town, to meet my friend at the Boston Common. The "Cool Globes" public artwork is currently set up here, so I took a few pictures of them.
It was also good to see that the St. Paul's Cathedral had finally put up their nautilus shell design compared to when I last took a picture of it, and it was beautiful.

There was a high end party going on on the Frog Pond as well.

After checking out the 2 pianos located on the Common,
Boston Common Visitor's Center,
148 Tremont Street
Robert Gould Shaw Memorial
We went on a trek westwards toward the Longwood Medical area, passing by several pianos along the way. We played at some of them, and it is clear my skills are definitely not what they used to be.
Copley Square
Ben and Jerry's-Newbury
Prudential Center Plaza
Boston Architectural College
Berklee College of Music Bookstore
Berklee College of Music
Mary Baker Eddy Library
Symphony Hall
New England Conservatory
Harvard Medical School
Emerald Necklace Visitor's Center
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
Massachusetts College of Art
We also tried to look for the piano at the Boston Children's Hospital, but as the courtyard was closed to public access for the day, we had to miss out on that one.

In all, we visited over 15 pianos today, excluding the one at the Museum of Fine Arts which I absolutely had to show my friend.

5 more left to go!!











No comments:

Post a Comment