Sunday, October 13, 2013

October 13th 2013: Dinner at Al Wadi, Boston

After a day of doing food truck stuff, I was let off early, and I decided to use this opportunity to go shopping for a Halloween costume. I settled on going to the Party City outlet located at the Meadow Glen Mall in Medford, where I decided to get the outfits to make me look like Zorro. Thankfully, I was able to find all the stuff I needed, and am looking forward to becoming Zorro at parties in the near future.

From here, I decided to get dinner at Al Wadi, a pretty upscale Lebanese restaurant located in the West Roxbury area of Boston.

After looking at the menu, I decided to get the Firri (Exotic free range quail, prepared with a pomegranate glaze) for an appetizer, and the Kibbeh Beseneyah (Baked ground beef and cracked wheat stuffed with minced meat, pine nuts and served with yogurt cucumber sauce) for my main dish. While waiting for my dishes to come, I saw the special, the Kibbe Nayeh (Middle Eastern-style steak tartare carefully prepared with wheat bulgur, onions and mint), and decided to get it as well.


The Fattoush (Romaine, tomato, cucumber, radish, green peppers, toasted pita, sumac served with lemon vinegar oil dressing) side salad came first.

The salad was surprisingly good, especially with the toasted pita and the dressing.

I did not expect 2 birds in my appetizer, 


and though they were pretty bony as quail always is, the pomegranate sauce actually went pretty well with the dish. 

The raw meat came as just that, a pile of it in fact,

and though it did not look like much, it was pretty tasty all the same. 

Finally, my main dish arrived.

the rectangle of meat itself was a little bland, but putting the cucumber sauce on it made the entire dish come together. However, I was so full by the time the dish arrived that I had to take most of it home. I have to say that I enjoyed my dining experience here though. It is definitely the best Mediterranean food I have had in Boston to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment