Friday, May 18, 2018

May 18th 2018: Hiking in Needham, Wellesley and Natick

I started out in Wellesley today, passing through Boston,
Giant Cigar, 292 Hanover Street
on the way to my first hike at the Carisbrooke Reservation, where the path I took is shown below in pink.
The ponds here were nothing much to look at though.
The next hike in town was at the Guernsey Sanctuary, where the path I took is shown below in pink.
The pond here was not much to look at,

but at least the walk by Sabrina Lake was somewhat serene.

In Needham, I first went to hike at the Eastman Conservation Area, which apparently has been totally revamped from what it was before behind the Newman Elementary School.

There are boardwalks all around the area,
with a nice view of the pond here.
From here, I went to explore the Boy Scout Property portion of the Needham Town Forest, where the path I took from the end of Stratford Road is shown below in pink.
This time around, nothing much to see.
From here, it was on to the town of Natick for a hike at Pegan Hill. The path I took here is shown below in pink.
Beautiful views from the top of the hills here at the various viewpoints. Definitely worth the trip.
Lunch was back in Millbury, where I got a Maple Bacon donut from Rocco's Doughnut Company,
and the Beef Stroganoff

from Eziekiel's Kitchen and Catering next door.
With the originality and tastiness of the donut, I can see why they are so famous now. The pasta was not bad too, but nothing special.

No comments:

Post a Comment