Thursday, May 3, 2018

May 3rd 2018: Second Day Heading Into Boston

I headed into Boston today, passing by Hudson,
Mary O'Malley CHAPS Academy
going on a hike at Hopbrook Marsh in Sudbury, where the path I took is shown below in pink.
Pretty decent views of the water bodies here.
From here, I went to revisit Lincoln Meadows, the path I took this time to get to the water body here is shown below in pink.
Nothing much to see as always though.
Next, I revisited the Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge nearby, the path I took being shown below in pink.
Good views of the wetlands here.
From here, I headed into Lincoln, revisiting the Mount Misery area, where the path I took from behind St. Anne's Episcopal Church is shown below in pink.
Pretty waterlogged area though.
Next, Dean Condit, where the path I took from 240 Concord Road is shown below in pink.
Nothing much to see here either.
Nothing to see at Adams Woods either,
where the path I took to revisit it is shown below in pink.
Next, Baker Bridge Fields at 72 Baker Bridge Road,

the path I took being shown below in pink.
Once again, nothing to see here.
Codman East was next at the end of Woods End Road.
The trend of bad hikes was really not a good sign for me, but oh well, I got to check it out to be sure.
Next, the Flint's Pond and Wheeler Farm areas at 98 Bedford Road.
Nothing much on the Flint's Pond side,
and not on the Wheeler Farm side either.
With that, I was done with hiking for the day, going into Winchester to visit the Sanborn House, which is the home of the Winchester Historical Society.
With that, I headed into Boston, going for dessert with my other half at Ogawa Coffee, a nice cafe in the Financial District area.
We got the Matcha Sundae (2 scoops of Toscanini's vanilla ice cream atop a bed of corn flakes, whipped cream and house made matcha sauce. Topped off with matcha jelly, red bean (Azuki) paste, and more matcha sauce)
and the Matcha Cake Roll (made from scratch cake roll served alongside coffee jelly, strawberries and ice cream with a mocha and raspberry sauce drizzle).
Excellent combinations of flavors in both dishes, but I have to say the sundae was the better of the two hands down. Definitely a place worth coming to.

No comments:

Post a Comment