Tuesday, May 1, 2018

May 1st 2018: Hiking My Way to a Baseball Game

I had a Baseball game to go to in Boston tonight, so I decided to spend my day making my way there, starting in Sudbury
Target Painting and Contracting

for some repeat hikes, firstly with a hike at the Nobscot Reservation, checking out the western side of the area this time. The path I took here to get to  Ford's Folly is shown below in black.

The place itself is a manmade high wall, which one can traverse, thankfully with fences on both sides.

Otherwise, nothing much else here. Next, I revisited the Weisblatt/Tippling Rock area, where the path I took is shown below in pink.
The pond in the Tippling Rock area was nothing to look at,
and I somehow stumbled into the Nobscot Scout Reservation by mistake.

When I realized this, I decided to check out Nupp'se Pond
and the small waterfall here, which I took quite a while to find as it was slightly off the path from the Nixon Road Trail. Somewhat decent though.
After finally backtracking to my car, I headed to the Haynes Meadow area, where the path I took here is shown below in brown.
There was a bench on the Glacial Features Walk in this area which did not have much of a view though.
The rest of the walk here was pretty much like the last time I was here.

I had a much better experience today though, probably because it wasn't raining this time around. From here, it was on to the town of Wayland for my next hike at Cow Common,where the path I took here is shown below in pink.
There are open fields here,
and an okay view of the water body here.
From here, I went to visit the Wayland Historical Society in town.
Next, it was on to the town of Weston for my next hike at Jericho Town Forest, where the path I took here is shown below in pink.
Nothing much to see here though.
Next, it was Ogilvie Town Forest,
Once again, nothing much to see here.
The next town on the list was Lincoln, where I revisited Stonehedge, and this time I walked further than the first water body,
as shown below in pink,
but the second water body was nothing much either.
Next, Umbrello, and another insignificant water body,
the path I took being shown below in pink.
Next, the Van Leer area, where I did not really need to hike much to get to the water body here.
Next, Stony Brook South, where the path I took to find the water body I did not visit before

is shown below in pink.
Next, revisiting Pierce House,

which has hiking trails

and a water body.
Finally, Silver Hill Bog,
with the path I took here,
before heading into Waltham to visit Falzone Park, where the path I took is shown below in pink.
I could not access the place from the end of Bow Street, so I went to the soccer field itself,
going from the back to the water body here,

where Brookhaven at Lexington is located.
Next, it was on to the National Archives at Boston nearby.
which is actually more of a research library than a museum.
Heading into Belmont,
Little Pond, End of Larch Circle
I decided to get some lunch from The Loading Dock, a new Mediterranean restaurant in town with pretty decent decor.
I got the House Lentil Soup,
the Musakhan (Spiced Chicken) Flatbread (caramelized onions, pine nuts, sumac on pita bread)
and the Kofta (Ground Lamb & Beef with Parsley and Onion) Roll Up (hummus, pickles, lettuce, tahini, roasted tomatoes, shattah (middle eastern hot sauce)).
The soup and flatbread were pretty good, although the sauce in the wrap was a tad too sour for my liking. Overall, a pretty nice place with an interesting menu.

After lunch, I continued my sightseeing in Cambridge,
Blair Pond, 11 Brighton Street, Belmont
Yates Pond, Alewife Station Access Road
Taking a walk on the Fitchburg Cutoff Bike Path from beginning at 42 Brighton Street in Belmont to its end at 800 Alewife Station Access Road in Cambridge.
With that, my last stop for the day was in Medford
Kurukulla Center for Tibetan Buddhist Studies
before taking my family to the Fenway Park area, where we decided to have dinner at Cask 'N Flagon, a sports bar in the area where we got the calamari (Crispy fried calamari, cherry peppers tossed in Parmesan cheese or Asian glaze, served on a bed of yucca chips),
 the St. Louis Style BBQ Ribs (Tender falling-off the bone BBQ pork ribs)
and the Cask Burger (Half pound Angus Beef burger, topped with pork belly, bbq sauce, Vermont cheddar cheese and a fried egg).
pretty good food, although an unfortunate understanding ruined the mood, with us getting kicked out before we could enjoy the food. Thankfully, we could bring it into the ball field,

although the game itself was pretty boring, and we lost as well.
A pretty sucky end to a productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment