Tuesday, May 22, 2018

May 22nd 2018: Hiking from Acton to Danvers

I started out this morning in the town of Acton,
Acton Water District
going for my first hike of the day at Robbins Mill Conservation Land, where the path I took is shown below in pink.
The water body here was nothing much to speak of though.
From here, it was on to Carlisle for a hike at Greystone Crossing,
where the path I took is shown below in pink.
The water body here actually had a better view from the road, but not much better.
From here, it was on to the town of Billerica
Commons at Boston Road

to hike at the Lampson Memorial Complex,

where the path I took is shown below in pink.
Pretty nice views of the ponds here.
From here, it was on to the Jones Town Forest, where the path I took here is shown below in pink.
There was nothing to see here though except for a view of the Country Club of Billerica at the end of the trail.
From here, it was on to Wilmington,
296 Shawsheen Avenue
Aleppo Shriners Auditorium
going for a hike at Lubbers Brook.
Unfortunately, only wetlands here,
From here, it was on to Danvers,
Monastery of Discalced Carmelite Nuns
William Penn Hussey,
Water Street and Pulaski Street
101st Field Artillery Regiment
where I went on a hike at the Danvers Town Forest, getting a little disoriented at first.
The water body here is more of a wetland, but still pretty serene.
Finally, the Danvers Historical Society, which was really not that well organized at all.
With that, I called it a day, heading into Malden to get a Loca con Todo Pupusa from GT Restaurant, a hole in the wall Latin American place in town.
I have to say, definitely one of the better pupusas I have had to date, being pretty flavorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment