Wednesday, May 30, 2018

May 30th 2018: Westford, Chelmsford and Billerica in the Morning

I started out this morning in the town of Westford,
Police Department
Fire Department
visiting the Westford Knight, which has been totally redone since the last time I was here.
From here, it was on to Chelmsford
Chelmsford Water District Pumping Station,
66 Warren Avenue

for my first hike of the day at Crooked Spring Reservation, where the path I took here is shown below in pink.
The main water body was alright I guess,
but the smaller one wasn't worth the trip.

Making my way back along the road, my next destination was the Bruce Freeman Rail Trail in town, parking at the junction of North Road and Littleton Road,

then heading southwestwards
Nothing much to see on this stretch though.

My next hike was at the Archer Meadowbrook Preserve.
I first tried to enter the area from the Fenwick Drive side, but decided to retreat after seeing that it was so overgrown. I then tried again from the East Putnam Avenue side, but encountered the same issue.
Giving up, I decided to head into Billerica instead,
North Billerica KinderCare
Clock Tower Place, 17 Bridge Street
going for a hike at Fox Hill.
There was nothing to see at the top of the hill itself, but there were views from the trail perpendicular to Gail Ann Road.
With that, I called it a day, getting a Junior Roast Beef Sandwich from Liberty Bell in town,
Pretty nice fast food looking restaurant actually for a pizza takeout place. Sandwich itself was not bad, though not the best.

Not satisfied, my next stop was Crazy Good Kitchen in Malden, a breakfast place that has taken over from the Lunch Box Diner,which I visited a while back.
Same decor, but totally different and interesting menu, of which I got the Chicken Poppers,
Pretty good, especially with the sauces on the side. Might want to come back again to try their other stuff.

Later for lunch, I got the MI HOANH THANH BO KHO (Wonton with egg noodles in beef brisket and tomato broth) from New Dong Khanh in Boston. The wontons were a little on the hard side, but everything else was really delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment