Tuesday, May 29, 2018

May 29th 2018: Looking for Ponds in Hubbardston and Barre

I headed to Hubbardston this morning, passing through Holden
Residences at Holden Hills,
1818 Main Street
to go for a hike to find Marcan Pond, where the path I took from between 2 houses at 37 Brigham Street is shown below in pink.
The path itself was somewhat overgrown, and the bugs did not make it any better. I found the pond somehow, which was pretty alright I guess.
My next hike was to go find Old Reservoir in Barre, where the path I took is shown below in pink.
Much nicer hike than in Hubbardston, with nice views of the reservoir as well, even though it was a little foggy.
Nearby was the Barre Town Reservoir, which was a shorter hike.
Pretty open, but smaller than Old Reservoir.
With that, I called it a day, going to get some breakfast from J and J Family Restaurant, a decent small town place in town.
Being in a little bit of a hurry, I decided to just get the Egg and Cheese and Bacon Sandwich,
which was pretty good, but nothing special.

No comments:

Post a Comment