Friday, May 22, 2015

May 22nd 2015: Dinner at Caffe Primavera, Millis

Today after work, I headed to the town of Millis for an Italian dinner at Caffe Primavera, a pretty nice place with facilities for holding events.

Using my deal, I went with the Grilled Shrimp and Canteloupe (Gulf Shrimp and cantaloupe wedges tossed with olive oil and sea salt lightly grilled. Served around mixed greens and drizzled with a sweet Balsamic reduction),

the Arancini (Risotto, ground beef, prosciutto and peas, lightly breaded, pan fried, served with marinara),

the Bruschetta Campania (Garlic bread topped with artichoke hearts, marinated tomatoes, prosciutto and mozzarella, oven baked),

the Abruzzese (Lobster, shrimp, scallops, asparagus, snow peas, broccoli, spinach, sundried tomato, in a light cream sauce with fresh pappardelle pasta),

And finally the White and Dark Chocolate Mousse Cake for dessert.

The cantaloupe were grilled and interestingly tasty, while the Arancini were delicious even without the marinara. I wasn't expecting the Bruschetta to be so huge, which resulted in me taking that and the pasta home, which unfortunately was on the bland side. Thankfully, the dessert was not bad. Overall, not a bad place to come to in town.

The sun had not yet set, so I decided to go on a hike at the Gertrude M Boyden Wildlife Refuge in Taunton. I had no map, so I had to rely on the map I took a picture of at the entrance to make my way to the dam, with several views of the Three Mile River

along the way.

On my way back, I also managed to find the covered bridge by taking the trail going right alongside the river.
Other pictures I took here, of the Fragrance Garden, follow.
After the pretty nice hike, I decided to head to the Silver City Galleria Mall in town,

grabbing an Azada (grilled steak Quesadilla (tomato, spinach, melted cheese, Garnished with pico de gallo, lettuce and Sour cream)) from El Tapatio Express

 and a Mango Pineapple Smoothie from Orange Julius, both located in the food court.

Pretty good Quesadilla, though nothing special, while the juice quenched my thirst before I headed into the Regal Silver City Galleria 10 to watch "The Poltergeist". A frightening show, but not a very good storyline.




No comments:

Post a Comment