Tuesday, May 19, 2015

May 19th 2015: Meals in Worcester and Framingham

I had to run some errands at the Worcester District Court today, realizing on my first entry that I wasn't allowed to bring cellular phones into the place. Before returning to my car, I decided to stop by the Crust Artisan Bake Shop, a small bakery owned by Armsby Abbey.

I got the Orange Raspberry Cake Bar

and the Ham and Gruyere Croissant.

Both were not bad, but nothing out of the ordinary.

After tending to my business at court, which was actually pretty modern and nice inside, I headed to Oishi Japanese Restaurant nearby for lunch. This place is pretty small, with an okay menu as well.

I went with the Miso Soup with Fish Balls (soy bean soup with tofu, scallions and seaweed),

the Fusion Maki Cucumber Wrap (mango, fried onion, tuna, salmon, white fish, avocado, crab stick, tobiko and spicy mayo) and the Crazy Eel Roll (Salmon Tempura, mango, ginger, tobiko, BBQ Eel, avocado, Thai sauce).

The soup was pretty decent, while the sushi was just so-so.

After work, I headed to Framingham for dinner at O'Connell's Pub, an Irish bar restaurant along Route 9.

With my deal, I got the Irish Beef Stew (accompanied by mashed potatoes on edge of bowl),

the Corned Beef Cameron's Quesadilla (with Monterey Jack Cheese on a flour tortilla served with sour cream and salsa)
and the Surf/Turf (Grilled Steak Tips and Baked Haddock (filet topped with bread crumbs)).
The beef stew was absolutely delicious, especially with the mashed potatoes mixed in, as was the quesadilla with its corned beef. The steak tips were excellent as well, although the haddock was just so-so). Pretty good meal for a sports bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment