Tuesday, May 5, 2015

May 5th 2015: Salsa Dancing at Samba West, Framingham

Tonight after work, I met with my friend to go salsa dancing at Samba West in Framingham. This place used to be New Chef Orient, bought over by Samba Steak and Sushi in town.

Pretty nice decor, with chinese lanterns for lights,
and a great view of Foss Reservoir behind us.
For food, my friend got the Thai Fruit and Vegetable Salad (Avocado, papaya, fresh pineapple, mandarin orange, and green beans in lime juice & coconut dressing),
while I got the Korean Spicy Seafood Soup,
the Kobe Beef Maki (Alaska King Crab, avocado, cucumber topped with kobe beef, eel sauce, mayo, chives)
and the Volcano Soft Shell Crab (Deep fried soft shell crab topped with spicy snow crab).
Pretty good stuff, especially the sauce for the salad, the tender beef for the sushi, and the overall taste of the soup and crispiness of the crab. I was barely able to finish all the sushi though.

Thankfully, my fullness did not affect the dancing lesson, much. The instructor started off with the basic stuff already knew, then went into steps that we did not learn before, so it was immediately pretty enriching. I had some trouble familiarizing myself with the entire sequence we had to learn subsequently though.

Overall, it was a fun night of dancing in the suburbs of Boston, and I won a free lesson at Black Mamba Dance Company next week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment