Thursday, May 7, 2015

May 7th 2015: Meals in Worcester, Waltham and Natick

We had a farewell lunch for a fellow colleague today at Via Italian Table in Worcester.

The menu has changed since the last time I was here, and I went with the P.L.T and Mozzarella (A tower of crisp prociutto, lobster meat, tomato and fresh mozzarella, basil and balsamic reduction) for my appetizer

and the Braised Short Rib Ragu on Cheese Ravioli for my meal.

Both were well presented and delicious, as always.

After work, I headed first to Waltham for dinner at the Copper House Tavern, a pretty hip and popular bar restaurant located within the Best Western Hotel.

I got the Asian Beef Noodle Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette (sliced beef, ramen noodles, cabbage slaw, grilled corn, snap peas and bean sprouts tossed with sesame vinaigrette).

The Noodles weren't Ramen noodles as claimed, and overall the dish was almost unpalatable. Given that nothing else on the menu really interested me, I probably won't come back here, with other better options in town.

On the way home, I decided to grab some food for tomorrow's lunch from Asia Bistro in Natick, a Chinese restaurant with somewhat decent decor on the inside, although it did not look like much from the outside.

I got the Asia Bistro Maki (Spicy tuna inside topped with tuna, eel, tempura crumbs, spicy mayo, scallion and tobiko)

and the Sizzling Sliced Beef in Sa-Cha Sauce.

The beef was just so-so, althought the sushi was actually pretty tasty. Overall though, still just a typical Americanized Chinese restaurant.





No comments:

Post a Comment