Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11th 2015: Pizza in Boston, Chinese in Brookline

I had a meetup dinner to go to at The Golden Temple in Brookline. Before that, I decided to get some pizza takeout from Rustica Pizza in the Roslindale area of Boston.

This place actually looks more like a cafe than a pizza takeout place.
I got the Californian Pizza (Combination of Turkey,Bacon, Broccoli, and Cheese) 
and the Steak and Cheese Pizza.

Both were actually really good, especially the steak.

From here, I headed to Brookline. I was one of the early ones, so while waiting, I walked around to take pictures of the restaurant, which was really nice and big.
When we finally got seated, one of my friends ordered the Golden Cloud Vegetable (A crisp light cloud of Lo Mein and Cantonese Noodles, stir fried with carrots, scallions, shiitake mushrooms),

while I ordered the Chicken Livers with Walnuts

and the Green Tea Buckwheat Spicy Sesame Noodles with Shrimp (thin, whole grain buckwheat green tea noodles stirfried with spicy sesame oil, peppers, scallions, bean sprouts, mushrooms, bok choy).
I also got to try the Chicken with Cashews (Diced white meat, water chestnuts, red peppers, celery, sauteed in light hot sauce with cashews) and the Chicken Lo Mein (Chinese fettuccini, a soft white noodle stirfried with snow peapods, bean sprouts, onions, water chestnuts, mushrooms). Everything was surprisingly good, considering they were all Americanized Chinese dishes. Everyone loved the livers, especially. Definitely one of the few Chinese places I would recommend.
.






No comments:

Post a Comment