Friday, May 1, 2015

May 1st 2015: Stargazing at the Museum of Science, Boston

I decided to head out for lunch today, going to the Kenmore Diner in Worcester. Yet another small town diner with typical diner fare. I got the Irish Omelet (Corned Beef Hash and Cheese),

which wasn't too bad, but nothing amazing.

After work, I met up with my friend for a Portuguese dinner at the Sunset Cafe in Cambridge. Upscale with a slight casual feel and Portuguese music in the background.

We got the Chourico Flamejado (Portuguese sausage served in flames), which sadly failed to come in flames.


Disappointing, but still not bad. I would not have bought it if I had known there were no flames.

The Sopa á Portuguesa (Ethnic version of a hearty mix of vegetables, diced potatoes, collard greens, kidney beans, linguiça and braised pork) was pretty good,
although it got a little salty towards the end.

The Polvo Guizado (Octopus stewed in a red wine sauce served with boiled potatoes) was interesting, but tasted a little bland.
The Paelha á Marinheiro (Lobster, shrimp, clams, scallops, mussels, chicken and linguiça served over a bed of saffron rice) was not bad in terms of the rice itself, but the meat was pretty dry.
The only thing that was delicious to me was the Molotov dessert, but it was too airy for my friend, being literally melt in your mouth. More for me then.

Overall, not a place I would come back to.

After dinner, we headed to the Museum of Science for their Astronomy After Hours Programme. I have been trying to check it out the past few weeks, but was constantly thwarted due to weather. Our initial plan had been to go salsa dancing tonight, but because of the good news that the conservatory would be open tonight made me change plans immediately. The views from the top of the parking lot, where the conservatory is located, was pretty beautiful tonight, with the moon shining brightly.
There was something wrong with the telescope initially, but thankfully they were able fix it quickly, and we were able to see the fine details on the moon. Pictures I took while waiting in line follow.

After leaving the conservatory, we decided to go watch a movie, but as the everyone was watching the Avengers movie, we decided to watch Home instead. This movie was actually pretty funny, even though I had initially thought the jokes would fall flat. Not a bad end to a beautiful but cold night.

No comments:

Post a Comment