Saturday, May 23, 2015

May 23rd 2015: Watching a Movie at the Mendon Drive-In, Mendon

I started out this morning in the town of Berkley, where the sun was still rising at the Bridge Village Heritage Park.
From here, I headed into Lakeville, checking out a few places
Elders Pond, 91 Precinct Street
Loon Pond, 10 Loon Pond Road
The Reservoir,
Stetson Street and Nicholas Road
Shaw Park,
Highland Road and Bedford Street
Long Pond Beach, 36 Central Avenue
Little Quittacas Pond
before heading into the town of Middleborough, going first for a hike at the Rock Village Preserve, where the path I took is shown below in pink.

Unfortunately, There was nothing much to see here.
Great White Oak
My next hike was at the the Pratt Farm Conservation Area, located at 110 East Main Street in town. I do not have a map to provide here,  but there is one located at the parking area.

I pretty much walked on the outer perimeter of the place to view the various water bodies here,
but honestly, not worth the effort.

I decided to get some brunch at this point, heading to Dave's Diner in town. Pretty nice diner, with interesting stuff on the menu. I decided to go with a Hot Chocolate
and the Middleborough Dog (foot long hot dog topped with baked beans, cole slaw, ketchup, mustard, sweet reslish and melted American Cheese).
Pretty good, and I'm glad they were willing to accommodate my request for a hot dog despite the early hour.

I visited the Robbins Museum of Archaeology in town after brunch. Pictures I took of the various exhibits in this small museum follow.
Next, it was on to the town of Bridgewater
Burger King, 115 Broad Street
Post Office
for a bit more hiking, firstly at the Great River Preserve. The path I took here is shown below in pink.
Nice views of the open fields, but none of the river,
except at the broken bridge.
My experience at Carver's Pond at 455 Summer Street was much better, with nice views of the pond. There is a map of the trails at the trailhead, but not online.
I next completed my visit of the Bridgewater State University campus,
going on a hike at the Great Hill Trails as well. The path I took here is shown below in pink.
Nothing much to see here though.

From here, I headed to lunch at Su Su Sushi Japanese Restaurant in the town of Stoughton.

You can do all you can eat sushi here, but as it was not included in the deal, I decided to get the Japanese Pancake (Pancake with seafood or with bonito flake, sesame seed, and eel sauce),

the Nasudengaki (Baked eggplant with Bonito fish flake),

the Takoyaki (Grilled fish ball on the stick with house special sauce),

the SuSu Maki (Roasted salmon, fresh mango, topped with $13.95 white tuna, flying fish roe mixed with spicy mayonnaise)

and the Seafood Ramen (ra-men noodle soup with seafood).
To be honest, only the fish balls and sushi roll were even remotely good, with everything else not giving me a good impression at all. I guess only the sushi buffet is keeping this place going.

After a terrible meal, I went to meet my friend to go to the Mendon Drive-In in Mendon to watch "Tomorrowland". I did not think the movie was that great, but at least my friend enjoyed her first experience at a drive-in theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment