Thursday, December 13, 2012

December 13th 2012: Dinner at the Marathon Restaurant at North Pond, Hopkinton

Today after work, I was just about to cook my simple dinner when I was called to have dinner at the Marathon Restaurant at North Pond in Hopkinton. 

As it was a Thursday night, everyone was out at the bar, and the bar restaurant was extremely crowded. Thankfully, by the time my dinner partner arrived, it wasn't too long before we had a table to ourselves. As she had to go back to work soon after, we got down to ordering immediately. She was craving chicken wings, so we got that, half with Spicy Asian sauce and half with Buffalo sauce. Unfortunately, when she ordered it, she told the waiter Classic Buffalo, not knowing they were 2 individual flavors, so the chicken came plain, that is the Classic form. Thankfully, we were still able to get buffalo sauce to dip in, which in the end turned out to be for the better, as there was more sauce to savor.


For our entrees, she got the Pan Roasted Salmon,

while I got the Steak and Mushroom Ravioli.

Both dishes were not too bad, especially the brandy cream sauce that covered my ravioli. My steak was a little overcooked, however, but thankfully, just a little.

Somehow, we still had space for dessert, so we got the bread pudding as well.

Although it did not look like much, it was actually the best part about the meal, especially with the vanilla ice cream and the chocolate sauce on top.

Sadly, she had to rush back to work, so we had to call it a day soon after. Even though it was a pretty short dinner, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. To think I was originally going to have a quiet night.




No comments:

Post a Comment