Wednesday, December 12, 2012

December 12th 2012: Farewell Dinner for My Friend at Feng Asian Bistro, Millbury

My friend was leaving the company after being here for 6 months as a co-op, so she wanted to have a farewell dinner at a sushi place, so I recommended going to Feng Asian Bistro in Millbury, where I have had enjoyable culinary experiences the 2 times I went.

She took me on my word, and a total of 6 of us went in the end. A few of us went a little earlier, so we decided to order a plate of Bamboo Steamed Edamame while waiting for everyone else to arrive.

The edamame was pretty tasty, being seasoned with an appropriate amount of Hawaiian Black Sea Salt. As we finished up the edamame, the rest of the crowd arrived.

I recommended the special rolls, and we all pretty much got one each. Below are the pictures of all the fancy rolls we got, including the Green Roll special in honor of Tom Brady Day, 12-12-12.
Irene's Paradise Roll
Green Peace
Angry Dragon Roll
Kiss of Fire Roll
Spicy 2 in 1 Roll
Green Zone Roll

We spent our time exchanging and enjoying all the different flavors, especially from my Green Peace Roll, which had Asparagus, Avocado, Cucumber, Mango, Sun Dried Tomato, and Kiwi, things you rarely find in sushi, and they did it really well.

After our delicious and filling dinner, we decided to get dessert as well, trying the Green Tea Tempura Ice Cream

and the Twenty Layer Crepe Torte.

Both were excellent, with the Torte being pretty similar to a Green Tea Layer Cake dessert at Oishii in Boston. 

I was really glad to see that everyone enjoyed their meal, and everyone went home stuffed. My project is paying off finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment