Monday, December 24, 2012

December 24th 2012: More Explorations of Cambridge on Christmas Eve

I started out late today, so I headed straight to lunch at Milestone of Wellesley, passing by the John Hardy Elementary School along the way.
Only the bar section of the Greek influenced restaurant was open for lunch. After looking at the menu, I decided to get the Mediterranean Mussels (garlic, saffron, white wine butter, tomatoes and cilantro),

and the Mama's Moussaka, made of layered eggplant, potatoes, meat ragout and bechamel served with Horiatiki Salad (feta cheese, cucumbers, peppers, red onion, tomatoes, olives, peperoncini and extra virgin olive oil)
The meal wasn't too bad, although I think I would do better trying out the dinner menu next time.

With that, I headed into Cambridge via the Porter Square T-Station, where I took pictures of the work gloves sculpture on the escalator up to the surface.

Heading out into the light, I started my day of walking around Cambridge
Hope Fellowship Church
Taylor Square Fire House
Roman Catholic Church of St. Peter
Spanish War Memorial,
Garden Street and Concord Avenue
Longy School of Music
Episcopal Divinity School

and exploring more of Harvard University.



When the sun had set for good, I decided to head to Nubar nearby, a fancy restaurant situated within the Sheraton Commander Hotel.There weren't many people here tonight as it was Christmas Eve, but the ambience was still pretty good.

I had $60 to spend here, so I got going, ordering the Red Lentil Soup with Chicken and Zucchini, 

the Point Judith Fresh Squid appetizer, grilled with chickpeas, chorizo and smoked paprika, 

the Maine Peeky Toe Crabcake with Shaved Fennel, Sunchoke and Blood Orange Salad in Tarragon Aioli,

and finally the Duck Breast, pan roasted with apples, chestnuts and applejack reduction, farro and brussel Sprouts.
The food was scrumptious to say the least, and even the vegetables that came with the duck was cooked just right. I could not finish it though and had to bag it up in the end.

After my delicious meal, I decided to check out the hotel itself, and it was actually pretty decent inside.
With that, I headed home for the day, satisfied with my exploits in Cambridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment