Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 11th 2012: My Second Time at the Pour House, Boston

Today after work, I decided to go for a meetup event at the Pour House in Boston. Although I did not have a great experience the last time I was here, I felt it was still necessary for me to go, to start promoting my upcoming food truck venture.

It was fun catching up with old friends at the event, and everyone was excited to hear about the food truck which was coming to town. It was almost time to go when someone suddenly asked if I could help jumpstart his car as most of the people in the room did not have cars. As my car was parked relatively near, and he would allow me to take over his spot once he got his car started, I readily agreed to help someone in need.

Apparently his car was new, but somehow we could not seem to find the button in his car to pop the bonnet, but thankfully, he finally did, and my autostarter did the trick.

When I finally got back to the Pour House, everyone was ready to leave, and as a few people were hungry, we decided to head to Chilli Duck, a small Thai restaurant really nearby in the basement at 829 Boylston Street, for some real food.

I wasn't too hungry, so I decided to get the Thai Duck soup,

while my friend got the Crispy Pad Thai.

My soup pretty much tasted like MSG, and the duck, which was meant to be crispy, became hard and soggy in the soup. The pad thai was not too bad, but as the noodles were all crushed up, there wasn't much crispiness to be had. I've had better, to say the least.

With that, I did more good deeds by dropping 2 of my friends home before heading back myself.

Isn't life so much more meaningful when you are helping others in need? I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment