Friday, December 28, 2012

December 28th 2012: An Utter Waste of a Day


I had to go about some food truck business dealings today, which started out okay with a trip to Salisbury, where my friend and I decided to grab some breakfast at Connie's Stagecoach at 95 Elm Street.

This is a pretty simple looking breakfast place, where my friend got the Eastern Omelette,

while I got the Pick Me Up, consisting of Baked Beans, Toast, Corned Beef Hash, Scrambled Eggs and Pancakes

A pretty decent breakfast, but the rest of my day was far from it, as we had to submit a government document that we could not obtain as the systems were down until after the new year, so we could not do what we had planned to do today, and this lasted well into the evening hours. A total waste of my time.

Determined to not let the day go to waste, I decided to use another of my Groupons at the Elephant Walk in Waltham.

This restaurant is pretty nicely decorated, as you can see from my pictures.

For food, I decided to get the B’Baw Mouan, a hearty Cambodian rice soup with chicken breast, fried garlic, bean sprouts, scallion, cilantro, and lime, which was already very filling

before my main dish, the Saumon Roti Aux Petits Legumes (Pan Seared Atlantic salmon on bed of spinach, with jerusalem artichoke, leeks, cherry tomatoes and baby portabella in creamy red wine and garlic lemon sauce, French style).











The fish was simply excellent in the sauce provided, and I enjoyed my meal thoroughly. I still had money to spend, so I decided to go for dessert, selecting the Cambodian dessert trio, consisting of Sangkhia (Cambodian Coconut Milk Custard), T'peh (sweet fermented black rice with fresh coconut, coconut cream and rum-soaked pineapple) and Pot K'tis (sweet corn with tapioca and coconut milk). 

A great ending to an otherwise awful day to say the least, with the dessert reminding me of home in Singapore. A definite recommend from me.





No comments:

Post a Comment