Sunday, December 23, 2012

December 23rd 2012: Snowboarding at Waterville Valley

Today, my friends and I decided to use discount tickets to go snowboarding at Waterville Valley Ski Resort in the town of Waterville Valley, NH.

It was a long drive to there, but when we arrived there, my friend realized that he had lost his wallet, which had both his and his girlfriend's IDs, which were required for them to use the tickets. Here was a hard decision for me, as I had brought all my stuff and could snowboard here, while my friend had little choice but to drive all the way back home to find his wallet. Thankfully, another friend was coming in another car as well, so I decided to stay and go snowboarding.

Here are some pictures I took of the place before I went to rent my board. The views all around are beautiful to say the least.
After getting my board, I headed to the bunny slope to see how much I still remembered. I hated the J-line we had to use to get up the slope though, clearly not a good design, especially for snowboarders, who have to place their crotch on top of the bar, and then hold on for dear life as it slowly brings me up the mountain without slipping from my board.

In the end, I decided to head to the green slope, Valley Run, using a much better ski lift system to head up.

The view at the top was awesome as well.
Thankfully, I managed to find my friends in the end, and we had a fun time snowboarding for the rest of the day. I have come to the conclusion that snowboarding is definitely much more fun than skiing.

No comments:

Post a Comment