Saturday, December 8, 2012

December 8th 2012: Trying to Teach My Friend How to Drive on the Highway

Today, I agreed to accompany my friend as she tried to drive on the highways from Malden to Mansfield, where she would have to drive to work for the next few months. I had some time in the morning before meeting her, so I decided to go have some breakfast at the Radio Coffeehouse on 24 Central Avenue in Milton. This place is a simple breakfast place, which was extremely disorganized, and I did not even have a place to sit. I was forced to order takeout as a result. For the $20 I had to spend here, I decided to get the Big Daddy sandwich, an extremely large sandwich with 2 eggs, 2 sausage patties, 2 slices of cheese with light cream cheese, chicken, cheese, tomato and bacon.
I also had to get their muffintops, namely the chocolate chip, cranberry, blueberry and morning glory ones.

Overall, the Big Daddy was pretty good, although I could hardly put my mouth around it, while the cakes were just okay. The cafe itself, though, was one of the most disgusting places I have seen.

After breakfast, I started my sightseeing in the time I had left.
East Congregational Church
Next, I decided to head to the UMass Boston area on my way to Malden, passing by the Dorchester Vietnam Veterans Memorial along the way.


The last time I was at UMass Boston, there were food trucks outside the campus center, and the entire field was full of people.
Located in this area are also the Commonwealth Museum,

and the old Calf Pasture Pumping Station Complex.
I passed by a few more places before heading out of Boston.
St. Christopher's Church
Blessed Mother Teresa of Culcutta Church

Old Bayside Expo Center Sign
Before finally reaching Malden, I passed by the Lt Joseph F Wehner Park at 921 Broadway in Everett.
Finally, I parked outside my friend's place in Malden, and waited for my friend to arrive. After she picked me up, we headed toward Mansfield. I'm glad I went, because there were times when she might have gotten into accidents on the highway. Thankfully, she managed to find her composure after some time, and we arrived at our destination safely.

After finding what she was looking for, we headed for lunch at Fresh Catch Restaurant in town, a seafood place which I had been to before. This time, I got the lobster risotto,

which was flavorful and full of fresh lobster meat and shrimp, while the sauce for the steamed littlenecks

was delicious as well. I had thought that there was also a Japanese menu, but by the time we noticed the sushi bar at the back, we had already ordered our food.

After our delicious seafood lunch, we headed to the Wrentham Village Premium Outlets to shop for a bit.


As my friend was a girl, you can expect that we spent the rest of the day at the shopping mall.
When we finally headed back to Malden, my friend wasn't too hungry for dinner, so I decided to depart and head out to Woburn, where I had $20 to spend at The Restaurant. This place serves food cafeteria style, complete with trays and servers passing out food from behind the counter. I decided to get the Beef Stew and

Braised Baked Lamb Shank.

Both dishes weren't too bad, but somehow I wasn't too hungry, so I hardly finished my dishes. The bar area here wasn't too bad looking, but I have a hard time liking the cafeteria style the place has. Not a fan.

With that, I was done for the day. It was pretty tiring ensuring that my friend was safe on the road, but I was glad nothing happened in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment