Thursday, March 6, 2014

March 6th 2014: Dinner at Akamon Kushiyaki Grill, Westborough

My original plan after work today was to head to Newton for a meetup dinner, but as it got cancelled just as I was about to leave the office, I changed my plans immediately and headed to Westborough instead to give Akamon Kushiyaki Grill another try. The sushi chef had not been available the last time I was here, but thankfully he was tonight.

After checking out the menu, I decided to get the Oyster Shooters with Quail Egg

and the Shoyu Ahi Poke (cubed tuna marinated in sesame oil, sea salt, scallions and a touch of lemon and scallion sauce) for appetizers.
The tuna was pretty good, although the alcohol was a little strong for the oysters. I also tried two of the Kushiyaki skewers, getting the Haram (Grilled Certified Black Angus steak topped with blue cheese) and the Kuruma Ebi (Grilled wild caught shrimp with sea salt and topped with spicy aioli).

Not too bad, but nothing extraordinary though. I do have to say the presentation of the dishes were pretty good though.

Overall, after spending over $30 for this meal, I was still hungry. Definitely not worth the cost, and I'm still munching on some chips as I finish typing up this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment