Friday, March 28, 2014

March 28th 2014: Dinner at Ladd's Restaurant, Rutland

Today after work, I decided to have dinner in the town of Rutland, visiting a few water bodies in town
Turkey Hill Pond Beach,
76 Victoria Avenue
Kenwood Pond, 144 Kenwood Drive
Demond Pond, 99 Pleasantdale Road
Thayer Pond, inside 49 Miles Road
Muschopauge Pond,
54 Muschopauge Road
Edison Pond, 289 Pommogussett Road
before heading to Ladd's Restaurant, a small town family style bar restaurant. It was pretty full of people when I arrived, but thankfully I was still able to get a table. After looking at the menu, I decided to go with the Lobster Pie en Casserole (tender lobster in creamy lobster sauce topped with cracker crumbs).

It came with sides of summer squash and mashed potatoes, as well as a bowl of turkey vegetable soup.
The soup itself was pretty good, but I have to say I was amazed at how good the casserole was, full of fresh lobster meat in large chunks, and the sauce that accompanied it, amazing. Not bad at all for a small town restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment