Friday, March 21, 2014

March 21st 2014: Dinner at Saraceno, Boston

Today before work started, I decided to check out Lou's Diner, a really small breakfast place at 100 Chestnut Street in the town of Clinton. This place is nothing to speak of, and neither is the menu. For food, I decide to get perhaps the most sophisticated dish on the menu, a ham and cheese omelette, which came with home fries and toast.

Nothing amazing, really. After work,  I had a meetup dinner at Saraceno, an Italian restaurant in the North End of Boston. Unlike most Italian places in this area, Saraceno has a lot of dining space, although with low ceilings and accessed by winding corridors. I brought my friend with me today, and both of us were new to the group. For appetizers, I decided to get the Lumache Alla Parigina (Escargots bourguignonne),

which came in their shells. I have done this before, but today I somehow stuffed the meat back into the shell, and it became impossible to get the meat out using the small fork provided. I ended up crushing the shell with my napkin in order to get at it.

For food, my friend got the Spaghetti Alla Carbonara (Spaghetti with a silky sauce of eggs, parmigiano cheese, pancetta and white wine)

and I got the Veal Chop special for the day, which was stuffed with cheese with a mushroom sauce.
The carbonara was a little oily and I did not really like the onion touch, though still flavorful, while my veal was surprisingly good, although the bones got in the way.

Overall a pretty good meal, and definitely one of the better Italian restaurants in the North End. 

No comments:

Post a Comment