Thursday, March 13, 2014

March 13th 2014: Dinners in Boston

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner to go to in Boston at Saus, a small sandwich place in downtown Boston. Before that, I decided to get some pizza takeout from Nino's Pizza in the Beacon Hill area, getting the Ham and Pineapple Pizza

and the Cheesy Fries.
Nothing too special, but at least its lunch for the next few days.

I actually managed to find free parking in downtown Boston, very close to the sandwich place near Faneuil Hall. However, when I reached the place itself, it looked so small that it seemed impossible to fit more than 10 people, and it made me not want to wait for everyone to arrive, and so I decided at the very last moment to forgo the event and just get some food. I decided to go with the Poutine (frites topped with cheese curds and saus gravy), adding Pork Belly to it,

as well as the special of the day, the Yellow King Sandwich (Veggie Croquettes, greens, deep fried egg, Vampire Slayer Sauce (roasted garlic, roasted garlic oil, Saus mayo), Iggy's Whole Wheat Bread, Bayou Ketchup (hot and sour with roasted chilli peppers)).

To be honest, I was really surprised at how good both the fries and sandwich were, especially the sandwich, with all the interesting ingredients coming together really well. A recommend by me for sure. Apparently the waffles are good as well. Maybe I'll come back another time to try them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment