Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10th 2014: Dinners in Watertown and Boston

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner in Boston to go to, but as it was later in the night, I decided to get dinner elsewhere first, heading to Donahue's Bar and Grill in Watertown, a bar restaurant located near the Watertown Savings Bank on Bigelow Avenue.

For food, I got the Steak Tips

which came with 2 sides, and I got the Beef Barley Soup and Coleslaw.
The soup wasn't too bad, and the steak tips were actually pretty well cooked. The plate just looked really plain though when it was brought out to me. I also got the Snickers Pie for dessert, which wasn't too bad either, though a little sweet.

Heading to BurgerFi, another new burger joint near the BU campus in Boston.

I was early here as well, so I decided to get the Red Velvet Concrete (Vanilla Ice Cream Layered with Red Velvet Cake)

The ice cream is really thick and creamy, going really well with the cake, so I only had a few bites before sharing it with my friends who had arrived by then. With everyone starting to arrive, I decided to order my burger, getting the Brisket Burger (Double natural 28 day dry aged ground brisket, Swiss cheese, blue cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles and BurgerFi® sauce), thinking of the usual tasty BBQ brisket I get from BBQ places. 

Sadly, the meat was really dry and the burger overall was pretty bland as well, the blue cheese not helping at all. I chose to not finish it in the end. It was cool though to see them stamp their brand on the bun, as seen on the Breakfast All Day Burger (Natural Angus burger, American cheese, hickory bacon drizzled with maple syrup, fried egg, hash browns, grilled diced onions, and ketchup) that a few of my friends got.

Apparently it was better than my burger, mainly due to the bacon and egg on theirs. The VegeFi Burger (Crisp quinoa burger, white cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, and BurgerFi® sauce served on multigrain bun) was pretty good as well. I also tried the Chocolate Sundae, which wasn't bad,

Apparently the Chicken Apple Dog (All-natural chicken dog stuffed with apple morsels), which I had wanted to get as well, was not really good either, according to my friend.

They have extremely huge onion rings as well.
After playing a few rounds of a game I kept losing, the punishment of which was to drink the melted sundae, which was still good in my opinion and hence not much of a punishment for me, though to the chagrin of the others at the table, it was finally time to leave, especially because I realized that I left a mess behind when I left work. Oh well, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment