Saturday, March 8, 2014

March 8th 2014: A Surprise Birthday Party for My Friend

I had badminton this morning, so I headed to the Knotty Pine in Newton for breakfast before that. As always, I got a Hot Chocolate,

and as there was nothing special on the menu in this small town diner, I decided to just get a Potato and Egg Sandwich with Cheese.
Not too bad actually, and pretty filling for a meal worth less than 10 bucks.

After badminton, we decided to get lunch somewhere other than Mulan, going for Indian buffet at Little India instead.

The buffet area is in a small room in the back, with limited variety. The food was just so-so as well. Everyone liked the Gulab Jamun though.

After lunch, I had some time to myself, so I decided to head to Arlington to check out the Old Schwamb Mill in Arlington. This place is a historical place that is still making wooden round picture and mirror frames using pretty simple technology, the concept of woodturning, which I learnt before pretty recently. Pictures I took here on the short, guided tour follow.
From here, I decided to head into Lynn for a bit before my dinner event in Boston.
Fire Department Memorial,
725 Western Avenue
Garelick Milk Truck,
626 Lynnway
The ocean views from the Harbor Landing at the end of Blossom Street Extension,
and at the Lynn Heritage State Park Waterfront Park at 138 Lynnway were pretty beautiful on this clear day,
Finally, it was time to head back into Boston for dinner, held at Ki Bistro, a new Chinese cafe located on the BU campus.

This place is pretty small, so the 20 of us literally filled up the entire place.

As I had a deal for $40, I managed to provide 4 other people with a cheap meal, with most of my friends getting Salmon Ramen Burgers,

while I got the Pulled Pork Sandwich (brioche bun, Asian Style pulled pork, pickled vegetables and Ki special sauce),

which unfortunately did not come with a ramen bun option.

The ramen itself was deep fried, though soft inside, but overall felt mushy and not tasty at all, and the salmon did not make it any better. My sandwich was slightly better, but nothing amazing either.

I had to leave the party early though, as I had to get some Mylar balloons and plastic shot glasses for the surprise birthday party later, getting them from Party City nearby.

We had to wait a bit for the birthday girl to arrive, but thankfully the surprise worked. We had a fun time drinking the rest of the night, while the birthday girl got caked among other things. By the time I got home, it was already the next day. On to tomorrow then.

No comments:

Post a Comment