Saturday, March 1, 2014

March 1st 2014: Sightseeing in North Andover and Lynn

I had plans for dinner with friends in Boston tonight, so I decided to head to Eastern Massachusetts for the daylight hours, going north to Groton first,
Baddacook Pond, 810 Martins Pond Road

then Locust Pond in Tyngsborough.
Locust Pond,
Locust Avenue near Middlesex Road


It was cool to see icicles on the waterfall at the dam here.

In Dracut, it was snow covered Peters Pond at the end of Elliott Street.
 A few more water bodies in the town of Methuen,
Mill Pond, 485 Lowell Street
Mystic Pond, 22 Lindberg Avenue
Hills Pond, 129 Milk Street
and then it was on to North Andover
St. Michael's Church
St. Gregory Armenian Apostolic Church
North Andover High School
Museum of Printing
North Parish Unitarian Universalist
North Andover Fire Station 2,
9 Salem Street
for lunch at Lobster Tail, a seafood market which also serves cooked seafood.

I got the Lobster Bisque Bread Bowl,

and a Lobster Roll as well.
I must say it was one of the better lobster bisque soups I have had so far, and the lobster roll was pretty good as well.

After my lunch, I headed to my final stop in town for the day, namely the Brooks School, which has several nice buildings on campus, and a boathouse on the shores of Lake Cochichewick.

Finally done with North Andover for the day, I passed through Boxford
Second Congregational Church
War Memorial, Main Street and Washington Street

Stevens Pond, 189 Ipswich Road
and Peabody
Second Congregational Church

St. Ann's Church
Captain Samuel Brown Elementary School
on the way to Lynn, where I spent the rest of the daylight hours.
First Lutheran Church
Greater Bethlehem Temple #2,
93 Euclid Avenue
St. Pius V Church
East Baptist Church
North Shore Community College
All Care VNA, Hospice & Home Care
Lynn Multi-Service Center,
100 Willow Street
Washington Street Baptist Church,
256 Washington Street
Iglesia Cristiana Torrente de Cedron,
56 Franklin Street
I climbed to the top of High Rock Park, where there is an old tower here

and beautiful views all around,

 

especially of the Boston skyline to the south.


There were several nice buildings alongside the Lynn Commons

on North Common Street and South Common Street as well.
Verizon Building,
21 North Common Street
St. Mary's Church
Lynn Public Library
Lynn Armory
Fecteau Leary School
St. George Greek Orthodox Church
St. Stephen's Memorial Episcopal Church




Old First Congregational Church,
150 South Common Street
First Baptist Church, 7 Park Street

I visited a few other places in town
Mount Olive Church of God,
20 Johnson Street
St. Joseph's Catholic Church, 
115 Union Street
Iglesia de Dios, 16 Union Street
Iglesia Evangelica Pentacostal Puente de Vida,
270 Chestnut Street
Zion Baptist Church
Bethany Congregational Church
Holy Family Parish
Eglise Baptiste Haitienne de Lynn,
84 Essex Street
Lifepoint Church
Lynn Spanish Seventh Day Adventist Church
First Church of Christ, Scientist
before heading to the coastal area as the sun was setting.

I took the last few breaths of sunlight at King's Beach,
then walked around Red Rock Park, the rocks of which were showing at low tide.
By the time I reached Lynn (Long) Beach, it was starting to be freezing cold, so I sped up my walk a little,
calling it a day after taking pictures of the Boston skyline from the beach.

From here, it was on to a Vietnamese dinner with friends at Anh Hong at 291 Adams Street in the Dorchester area of Boston, but I decided to stop along the way for some refreshing drinks at I Love Milkshakes at 132 Main Street in the town of Everett. This place's main focus is on milkshakes, although it also has a small section for frozen yogurt. I got the Ferrero Rocher Milkshake

and the Triple Bliss Fruit Shake (Blueberry, strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, greek yogurt).
Both were actually pretty good, but thankfully not too filling that I could not have dinner.

At Anh Hong, we got the Chim Cut Ro Ti (Roasted Quail, Marinated and Served with Lettuce)

and the Cha Gio (Fried Egg Rolls) for appetizers,

the Bo 7 Mon consisting of Bo Nhung Dam (Beef Fondue with Special Vinegar Sauce),

Nuong Bo (Grilled Beef with Butter),

Goi Bo (Anh Hong Special Beef Salad),

Steamed Pate Beef (Cha Dam), La Lot (Beef wrapped in Hawaiian Lot Leaf)

and Chao Bo (Special Beef Rice Soup),

and the Fried Frog Legs on Fried Rice.
The food wasn't bad at all, especially the frog legs, the rice of which was like that in Dolsot Bi Bim Bap. However, I still think Pho Le is better.

After dinner, my friends decided to go to Boston Bowl to play some pool. We were lucky enough to get a table when we went, as the entire place was full of people playing candlepin bowling and ten-pin bowling as well. I was lucky enough to team up with the best player, so we kept winning, except for the one time he hit the eight ball in by accident.

Needless to say, I had a fun time with my friends to end my day.






No comments:

Post a Comment