Friday, March 7, 2014

March 7th 2014: Dinners in Woburn

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner at Taipei Tokyo, a Taiwanese restaurant located in the town of Woburn.  I had some time when I arrived in the area, so I decided to try out another restaurant close by first, a pretty upscale Italian restaurant called Tre Monte Ristorante. I did not want to get anything substantial, so I decided to get the Chicken, Norche, Fusilli (mushrooms, prosciutto, salami, basil infused chicken broth).

It was pretty well done to say the least, and thankfully not too filling that I could not eat my next meal. The chinese restaurant is pretty nice looking, and they have a tapas menu for authentic Taiwanese food.

Unfortunately, only the organizer and her husband came in the end, with everyone else not turning up. This meant not being able to order a lot of dishes. My new friends were pretty adventurous in terms of food, fortunately, so we ordered mainly from the Taiwanese menu, getting the Steamed Taiwanese Buns with Pork, Pickle and Peanut,

the Thai Pineapple Fried Rice (shrimp, pineapple, onion, green peas, peanuts and dark pork floss), 

the Five Spice Roast Beef,

the Sauteed Spinach with Garlic,

the Sauteed Chinese Squash with Clam

and the Steamed Pork and Mushroom in Sticky Rice with Gravy.

All the dishes were pretty good, especially the buns with the peanuts and pickles and both the rice dishes, the glutinous rice with its tasty gravy, and the pineapple rice with the pork floss. The Five Spice Beef was a little salty, while the clams were a little sandy, but otherwise, not too bad.

I have to say that Mulan in Waltham is better though.







No comments:

Post a Comment