Thursday, December 11, 2014

December 11th 2014: Dinners in the Allston Area of Boston

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner to go to at Carlo's Cucina Italiana, an Italian restaurant in the Allston area of Boston.

Before that, I went to the Natick Mall for a bit to get something, where the Christmas decorations were pretty nice.
After I was done, I headed into the Boston area. As I was really early, I wanted to use my deal at Al's Deli nearby, but it was all closed up. Instead, I decided to go to Le's Restaurant, a Vietnamese place nearby, finding out that it is an affiliate of Pho Le in the Dorchester area, which I have been to in the past.

As I had more to eat later, I decided to just go with a small bowl of Pho Dac Biet (beef noodle soup combining sliced rare eye round, well done flank, brisket, beef flank, tendon, tripe)
Not bad at all, and pretty filling, all for less than $10.

The Italian place itself was pretty small, much like those in the North End.
The menu was pretty simple too, making it hard for me to determine what to get, and I finally settled for Involtini Vitello (Veal Stuffed with prosciutto, spinach and fontina cheese in a port wine sauce with shallots and mushrooms),
while my friend got the Parmigiana Vitello (Veal Topped with fresh mozzarella in a plum tomato sauce).
My dish was pretty tasty, especially with the wine sauce, while the plum tomato sauce for my friend's dish was a little too sour for my liking, although the veal in itself was pretty tasty.

Overall, not too bad, considering this place was packed by the time we left, probably also because this is one of the few Italian restaurants in this area, but there are better ones in the North End.

I was actually going to bail out on this event due to the lack of people coming, but because the guy organizing it was my friend, I decided to stay, as I know how hard it is to organize meals like this and have no one show up. Glad I came after all, as I had a good time talking with my friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment